Unico American Corporation and its subsidiaries (“Unico”, “we”) provides this notice pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100, et seq.). The purpose of this notice is to describe the categories of personal information we may collect from you, and how we may use that information when you apply for this job.
For the purposes of this notice, “personal information” refers to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
- Identifiers, such as your name, mailing address, IP address, email address, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e) not otherwise listed above, such as your signature, education, employment, or employment history.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as your race, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your interactivity with a job posting and/or web page.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as any surveillance footage from physical locations, telephone recordings, or your temperature from physical locations.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your CV or salary history.
Business and/or Commercial Purpose for Use
We will use the information collected through this job application the purpose of determining your eligibility for employment with Unico, and for security and/or fraud prevention purposes.
We may also use some of the information provided during this application process to onboard your employment, if appropriate, and facilitate further communications with you to determine your eligibility for employment.