Unico American Corporation and its subsidiaries (“Unico”, “we”) provides this notice pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100, et seq.). The purpose of this notice is to describe the categories of personal information we may collect from you, and how we may use that information when you apply for this job.
For the purposes of this notice, “personal information” refers to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
- Identifiers, such as your name, mailing address, IP address, email address, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e) not otherwise listed above, such as your signature, physical characteristics or description, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as your race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status.
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as surveillance footage, telephone recordings, or your temperature.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your CV or salary history, job titles, work history, work dates and locations, and professional memberships, work samples, job preferences, references, background screening results, qualifications, experience, institutions attended, degrees, certifications, and other related information.
Business and/or Commercial Purpose for Use
- To manage our recruitment and hiring process, and facilitate the recruitment and hiring processes of our service providers.
- Considering your application.
- Communicating with you throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
- Contacting references.
- Scheduling and managing interviews.
- Evaluating you for current and future job opportunities.
- Making hiring decisions.
- Initiating onboarding if you receive and accept an offer.
- For internal analysis to improve our recruitment and hiring efforts, including around diversity and inclusion.
- To detect security incidents and protect against deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- To debug and repair errors that impair existing functionality of internal resources, networks, and databases.
- To share between and among Unico subsidiaries and affiliates to carry out the purposes described herein.
- To share with service providers, including technology providers, agencies and/or external recruiters.
- To fulfill a legal obligation pursuant to law, regulation and/or lawful order.
- For business transaction purposes.
For more information about how we collect and use your personal information, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.