The openings described below are available with Crusader Insurance Company or with an
affiliated company. Most positions are at our home office in Woodland Hills,
California. Most positions are "inside"; that is, they involve little or no travel. We
offer competitive compensation packages, including a wide-range of benefits. Please also
note that college degree requirements are waived for Military Veterans.
It is very important that our working environment remains pleasant, professional, and
efficient. Our offices are maintained as "smoke-free," with designated outdoor smoking
areas. You may also note that most positions require adherence to a business-attire
dress code (i.e., except for occasional "casual days"). Many opportunities for advancement
exist, both professionally and individually. All jobs and employees are very important to
us. If you wish to apply for a position or if you would like more information about an
opening, please feel free to call our Human Resources Department and/or send us your resume.
Insurance Trainee, P&C Claims:
This role is for personable and well-organized individuals who are looking for
an opportunity to acquire and apply unique skill sets in an area of operations
most crucial to the insurance industry. Under the direction and supervision of
our Claims Management Team, the successful candidate will work to develop
analytic, investigative and negotiation skills and put those skills to use by
resolving the claims presented to our company, in a quick, professional
manner. This is a professional-level position that offers great opportunity
The handling of insurance claims is a challenging occupation. People best suited
for this type of job are highly adaptable to a variety of circumstances and manage
all situations in an intelligent and compassionate manner. The successful candidate
will appreciate that when an insurance claim occurs, the client is often contacting
the company after having suffered a financial loss and inconvenience, sometimes
involving severe injuries or death; in other words, they are not happy. The
claims professional's job is to find out what really happened, the true facts, to
identify the legal ramifications of those facts, to analyze the insurance policy
in an effort to find coverage that applies to those facts, to determine the true
value of the financial loss, and to promptly and fairly reach a conclusion with
It takes commitment to become a top-quality claims professional, but those skills
and contributions are of great value to all insurance companies. Learning and
advancement starts with on-the-job activities, supported by positive-minded,
insightful leadership and by good performance. To develop the fundamental skills
of a successful claim professional, you will:
- Shadow our experienced Claims Adjusters.
- Receive training for insurance systems and software.
- Communicate with policyholders, witnesses, claimants and lawyers, getting
hands-on experience with several types of property and casualty claims, while
investigating, negotiating and settling.
- Receive mentorship from our Claims Management Team.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required;
- Some experience in the insurance business is preferred but not required;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work productively alone, without supervision, as well as
with others in a team environment;
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment.
EXPERIENCED CLAIMS ADJUSTER, COMMERCIAL P & C:
This position reports to the Claims Manager. The successful candidate is expected to
resolve property and casualty claims by conducting proper and thorough investigations
of coverage, liability and damages, supervising litigation, and conducting timely and
effective negotiations. The position requires regulatory compliance, familiarity with
tort law, assistance to adjuster trainees, and a high level of commitment to our
company's team spirit.
This is an "inside" position at our home office in Woodland Hills, California, but may
include some traveling to attend MSCs, mediations, etc. You must have a working knowledge
of insurance coverage and proper claims procedures in the investigation and evaluation
of commercial property and casualty claims. The successful candidate might also be
required to investigate and resolve aspects of first and
third party auto damage claims.
- Must provide a cover letter;
- Bachelor's degree;
- Minimum 2 years of commercial property and casualty claims experience;
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels within and outside of
- Ability to apply experience to personal growth within Crusader's
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating
persistence and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to approach every task in a meticulous and thorough manner, documenting
actions and communications, prioritizing, maintaining schedules; paying
attention to detail and striving for accuracy at all times; identifying
and meeting all deadlines;
- Ability to work productively with others in a team environment and keep
managers updated on case status, new developments, and pending deadlines;
- Ability to maintain corporate and personal privacy and security of sensitive
information at all times; be cognizant of applicable legal and regulatory
requirements and conduct him/herself accordingly;
- Ability to remain courteous and respectful towards everyone and
provide a high level of Customer Service at all times;
- Ability to accept responsibility for and ownership of all work produced;
explore opportunities to add value to the job position by constantly
striving to improve yourself and our operations.
*ACCOUNTING, VICE PRESIDENT:
This position reports to our company's Chief Financial Officer and will help to lead
the company's future growth and success.
The company's Accounting Department is responsible for all facets of financial records
and reporting, reinsurance accounting, investing, financing, regulatory accounting
records and reports (including SEC compliance), internal controls and supervision
of external audits. The ideal candidate demonstrates a "hands on" leadership approach
and appreciates the environment of a business our size. This person will have a proven
ability to mentor, develop, and guide staff while maintaining a high level of
involvement in day-to-day processes.
The position is an advancement opportunity for the right candidate,
eventually to CFO or higher.
The successful candidate must approach every task in a creative, meticulous and
thorough manner, identify and meet all deadlines, document actions and communications,
prioritize and maintain schedules. This is an "inside" job at our office in Woodland
Hills, California. The job requires very little traveling. This is a professional
position, substantial experience and skill is required.
* This position is open at the parent company level, Unico American Corporation.
- Must provide a cover letter;
- 10 or more years of P&C insurance company GAAP and STAT/SAP accounting;
- 5 or more years of SEC compliance work, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and public accounting;
- CPA certification, active or inactive;
- Flawless attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills;
- Must work with company's IT department to develop and maintain numerous management systems;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel;
- Regulatory compliance proficiency;
- Bachelor's Degree, or higher, in accounting, finance, economics or business administration;
- Creation of all financial statements